Saturday, November 24, 2007

No (Dallas) Love: Redux

Yall may remember a post I did a month or so back about my terrible luck flying home for visits?

It hasn't changed.

Wednesday morning, I got up at about 7 am (and, seeing as I was out late the night before, this was not a fun concept). My flight was supposed to leave at 10, and I was gonna get in town shortly after noon.

At 6 pm, I finally, finally straggled into the Little Rock Airport. Finally. I kid you not; it took that long to go from OKC to Dallas to LR.

The problem was that a storm hit LR right when our flight was supposed to land. We circled the city for nearly 45 minutes before the pilot announced we were low on fuel and were going to divert to Tulsa.

Tulsa. Putting me essentially right back where I'd started hours ago. So we flew to Tulsa, refueled, chilled on the tarmac, and got back in the air way too long afterwards.

Once again, I could have driven here and back again in the time it took me to simply fly here. You can be damn sure I'll be driving home for Christmas break (and all the others too, if I can swing it). I'm tired of my travel being in hands other than my own.

On the plus side, I did get to sleep in a chair instead of on the floor of the Dallas Love airport thsi time around. What a difference, man.

No comments: