Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sleep-Deprived

Unlike many college students, I need sleep in order to function. I need a lot of sleep, actually. And I didn't really get that much sleep last night. When that happens, I'm either A) sullenly annoyed about being awake, or B) absently dumb about simple things.

So today, I got up around 10 and went to church (it wasn't an early service, even), and got back home around maybe 1:00.

And stood in the breezeway in front of the door to my apartment, blankly but patiently pushing the "unlock" button on my car keys and wondering why the door wasn't unlocking.

No lie - I was that tired. It took at least half a dozen clicks of the button before I clued in. Someone, quick - shoot me before I breed.

I very much need to get caught up on my sleep tonight. I've got a lot to do this week, and if I'm busily using the wrong key to try and open my front door, it's gonna take a lot longer to do it all.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Meg, it was great to get to say hi in person today. :) It helped that you asked me questions when I came into class. I had no idea what I was going to talk about if no one wanted to ask me something.
(adding you to my blogroll by the way)

T.C. Robson said...

Oh, I'm the same way. I take mostly online classes, but I take on on-campus class, and after I come from it, I crash for at least an hour. There's really no reason, either - it's not a P.E. class, it's just the college newspaper. But for some reason, come 2:30 or 3:00, my eyelids are drooping. And ditto on the blogroll add. :)